The Lockerly Arboretum Trustees are volunteers who share an appreciation for the diverse trees and plants that make up the Arboretum, as well as the research and education resources our grounds provide to students and the general public. Rose Hill, built in 1852, serves as the architectural anchor for the Arboretum, and the Trustees are committed to preserving the mansion, in addition to making it available to the public for special events including weddings, business meetings, and art and cultural activities. The Trustees are joined in their volunteer efforts by local gardening enthusiasts, Rose Hill docents, and those who support Lockerly as a cultural resource for the area.
President – Rodger Flotta, Greensboro; Abbey View Farm, LLC; ex-officio member of all committees
Vice-President – John Darity, Sandersville; retired, Imerys Performance Minerals; Chair, Development Committee
Secretary – Sherrill Jones, Milledgeville; retired educator; Chair, Rose Hill committee; Finance/Investment, Development committees
Treasurer – Chuck Walsh, Eatonton; Retired, Commercial Real Estate Appraisal; Development and Finance Committees.
- Nicholas Beadles, II, PhD, Milledgeville; Professor, Georgia College & State University; Development, Finance/Investment, Grounds/Facilities committees
- Carl Blount, Athens; Owner, Insurance Agency; Development and Finance Committee.
- Sara Brantley, Milledgeville; Co-owner, Golf Cart City; Rose Hill Committee.
- Barbie Colvin, Milledgeville; Retired, financial services industry; Development, Grounds/Facilities committees.
- Ian McMullen, Milledgeville; Attorney; Rose Hill, Grounds/Facilities Committees
- Sandy Mercer, Sandersville; Retired, Georgia DOT; Education, Rose Hill committees
- Bob Miller, Milledgeville; Retired Vocational-Agriculture Educator & retired GCSU Grounds Foreman; Development, Grounds/Facilities committees
- Doug R. Oetter, PhD, Milledgeville; Professor, Georgia College & State University; Education, Grounds/Facilities Committees
- Joe Sama, Greensboro; Landscape Director, Reynolds Lake Oconee; Chair, Grounds/Facilities committee; Development committee
- Harriett Whipple, PhD, Milledgeville; Professor Emeritus, Georgia College & State University; Education, Grounds/Facilities, Rose Hill committees
Suzanne Engel, New Vernon, NJ
Jennifer Pollard, Executive Director
Jennifer Pollard, a 1995 GCSU graduate with a BA in History, assumed this leadership role in January 2017. Mrs. Pollard brings a wealth of experience (20 years to be exact) in fundraising, strategic planning and non-profit management, along with the professionally recognized CFRE (Certified FundRaising Executive) credential, which she has held since 2008.
Greg Eilers, Director of Education
Greg Eilers provides enriching horticultural, botanical, and environmental science education for our area school children, visitors, and the community through the use of programs, horticultural collections, and use of Rose Hill and the Oliver N. Worley Outdoor Education Center. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Outdoor Education with a focus in Environmental Education from Georgia College & State University.
Vicki Folendore, Office Manager
Vicki Folendore manages the administrative functions for the Lockerly Arboretum Foundation. Vicki is a Milledgeville native, and before joining the Lockerly staff she worked at Georgia College & State University in University Advancement.
Debbie Foster, Director of Horticulture
Debbie joined the Lockerly staff in September 2015. Before moving to Milledgeville from Virginia, Debbie was an Agriculture Extension Agent for the state of North Carolina. She has a degree in horticulture from Virginia Tech and a Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) from North Carolina State University.
Neal Coffey, Maintenance Technician
Neal Coffey comes to Lockerly with 30 years of experience at Robins Air Force Base. He has a broad range of skills in metal fabrication, general maintenance and repairs.