The Lockerly Arboretum Trustees are volunteers who share an appreciation for the diverse trees and plants that make up the Arboretum, as well as the research and education resources our grounds provide to students and the general public. Rose Hill, built in 1852, serves as the architectural anchor for the Arboretum, and the Trustees are committed to preserving the mansion, in addition to making it available to the public for special events including weddings, business meetings, and art and cultural activities. The Trustees are joined in their volunteer efforts by local gardening enthusiasts, Rose Hill docents, and those who support Lockerly as a cultural resource for the area.
President – Joe Sama, Greensboro; Landscape Director, Reynolds Lake Oconee
Vice-President – Doug R. Oetter, PhD, Milledgeville; Professor, Georgia College & State University; Chair, Education committee; and Grounds/Facilities committee.
Secretary – Sandy Mercer, Sandersville; Retired, Georgia DOT
Treasurer – Chuck Walsh, Eatonton; Retired, Commercial Real Estate Appraisal; Chair, Finance/Investment committee, Development Committee.
- Nicholas Beadles, II, PhD, Milledgeville; Professor, Georgia College & State University; Development, Finance/Investment, Grounds/Facilities committees
- Carl Blount, Athens; Owner, Insurance Agency; Development and Finance/Investment committees.
- Sara Brantley, Milledgeville; Co-owner, Golf Cart City; Rose Hill committee.
- Tommy French, Milledgeville; Chair, Baldwin County Commissioners
- Sherrill Jones, Milledgeville; retired educator; Chair, Rose Hill committee; Finance/Investment, Development committees.
- Angie Martin, Milledgeville; President and CEO, Milledgeville/Baldwin Chamber of Commerce.
- Ian McMullen, Milledgeville; Attorney; Rose Hill, Grounds/Facilities committees.
- Bob Miller, Milledgeville; Retired Vocational-Agriculture Educator & retired GCSU Grounds Foreman; Development, Grounds/Facilities committees.
- Harriett Whipple, PhD, Milledgeville; Professor Emeritus, Georgia College & State University; Education, Grounds/Facilities, Rose Hill committees.
Suzanne Engel, New Vernon, NJ
Jennifer Pollard, Executive Director
Jennifer Pollard, a 1995 GCSU graduate with a BA in History, assumed this leadership role in January 2017. Mrs. Pollard brings 20 years of experience in fundraising, strategic planning and non-profit management, along with the professionally recognized CFRE (Certified FundRaising Executive) credential, which she has held since 2008.
Greg Eilers, Director of Education
Greg Eilers provides enriching horticultural, botanical, and environmental science education for our area school children, visitors, and the community through the use of programs, horticultural collections, and use of Rose Hill and the Oliver N. Worley Outdoor Education Center. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Outdoor Education with a focus in Environmental Education from Georgia College & State University.
Vicki Folendore, Office Manager
Vicki Folendore manages the administrative functions for the Lockerly Arboretum Foundation. Vicki is a Milledgeville native, and before joining the Lockerly staff she worked at Georgia College & State University in University Advancement.
Neal Coffey, Maintenance Technician
Neal Coffey comes to Lockerly with 30 years of experience at Robins Air Force Base. He has a broad range of skills in metal fabrication, general maintenance and repairs.